Ben, Amy, Tori and Jayden

Designs By Amy B

Check out directly from here. Fast. Secure. Simple.

 
 
 
 
 

DesignsByAmyB's ArtFire Shop

Tuesday, August 18

Crazy Summer


It's been forever since I posted, I know. We have had an eventful summer to say the least. I went on a white water rafting trip with my sister, got in a really bad car accident (thankfully it turned out ok), we celebrated Tori's 2nd birthday, went camping with my family for the 4th of July weekend, and made a trip to visit my brother in Provo. We also finally found another car we really like to replace the one that was totalled in the accident. A week ago today we spent in the ER with Tori. She was running away from me like 2 year-olds will do, climbed up on our bed, started jumping, and when I went to grab her she flung herself forward and hit her mouth on the cedar chest at the end of the bed. It impacted her two front teeth pretty far into her gums. I picked her up immediately and saw that her mouth was bleeding pretty badly. At first I thought maybe her teeth had cut into her gums or something, but when I took her in the bathroom and started wiping the blood away, I saw it was a lot worse than that. I loaded her in the car and rushed to the ER, calling Ben at work to tell him to meet us there. We spent 4 1/2 hours there before all was said and done, and Tori ended up having to get those two front teeth pulled. It absolutely broke our hearts!!! She is healing up quickly, though and will be fine. She'll just be missing a few teeth for a few years until the permanent ones grow in. She is still just as adorable as ever and at least the missing teeth is temporary. I'm ready for the change of the season!

Ben is starting two classes this week for his masters degree. He'll take two more in the spring and one next summer and then he'll graduate with his MBA. It's going to be intense, but it'll be worth it for him to finish that soon. I am really proud of him for working so hard!

We are still wishing, hoping, waiting and praying for an adoption to come through for us. It's been over a year since we turned our papers in and we haven't heard anything yet. We appreciate all the love, support and prayers from our family and friends in our behalf. Hopefully somewhere there is a birth mother praying for a family like ours and she will find us soon. We want so much for Victoria to have a brother or sister to grow up with.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an eventful summer indeed. You know you guys are always in our prayers! Hopefully things start improving for you!

michele said...

sorry tori! we're glad she's ok otherwise.

Leslie Jordan said...

Sounds like things have been busy. Sorry to hear about Tori's little accident. She is still such a little cutie pie. I hope things settle down for you in the fall. Thinking of you.

Melissa McKimmey said...

Amy, I love your blog, it's really interesting and Tori is so cute!

Shanell said...

Hi Amy, I just came accross your blog. Your little girl is so cute! That must have been scary when that happened with her teeth.

Where do you guys live now?

Post a Comment