Ben, Amy, Tori and Jayden

Designs By Amy B

Check out directly from here. Fast. Secure. Simple.

 
 
 
 
 

DesignsByAmyB's ArtFire Shop

Thursday, May 28

Craftiness

I have so many hobbies, I never get everything done that I want to. I go through phases or different hobbies and then pass on to the next one for a while. Recently I have just been working on several intermittently. I cut and pieced together a quilt top for Victoria and am now in the process of hand-quilting it. It is just adorable and I can't wait to get it finished. I have had the stuff to make it for over a year and decided it was finally time to get it done. Picture below . . .



I have also been working on Tori's scrapbook, since I am really far behind because I took a million pictures of her first birthday parties (one in Moab with family and one here with friends.) It's almost her second birthday and I haven't quite finished scrapbooking the pictures from her first one. I don't know where this year went . . .

I decided to get crafty and creative and design/make hair bows for Tori, too. It has been a ton of fun! I hate how the bows you buy at the store only have one of each color in the package because I frequently style Tori's hair in two pig-tails and need two matching bows. Taking matters into my own hands did the trick and I am very pleased with the results so far. Pictured below are some of my favorites, although there are many more as well.







The hobbies I haven't had as much time for lately would be reading, crocheting, beading/jewelry making, embroirdery, calligraphy, playing violin and playing piano. I would love to play the piano more, but every time I try my cute little sidekick crawls up on the bench and starts playing a duet with me. It's great because I want her to love piano and want to play, but it's just hard for me to play much. Then, when she is napping I don't play because I don't want to wake her up. It's just tricky, but I love every minute I spend with my darling daughter. Piano will just have to wait.

3 comments:

Bobbie Murphy said...

I have the same problem with the piano thing too... and your bows are so cute. I make Kaylin's (it's cheaper that way) and I get the color and style I want and can have 2 for pig tails. I bought the "bowdabra" sold at Walmart and Robert's crafts to help me with my bows... they turn out SO cute!!!

Ben, Amy, Tori & Jayden said...

Thanks for the tip on the Bowdabra, Bobbie!!! I got one and I love it!!! You're right, it makes them turn out so cute.

Anonymous said...

That quilt is SUPER cute Amy! I'm in the middle of getting my craft room all unpacked and organized and then it's back to my many half-finished projects as well!

Post a Comment